Monday, March 26, 2012

Waiting...

As we're entering in our 30th month of "waiting" for a baby I've had a lot of thoughts going through my head.  I think of so many of my family and friends who enter their 9th month of pregnancy and are uncomfortable and miserable and though I don't discount how they must feel (not that I can relate) I find myself feeling a lot like they must lately.  Not physically hurting, but emotionally so ready to meet our new little one!  A new thing this time around that is especially hard is having to watch my kids hurt too.  They want a new baby brother or sister as bad as Jeremy and I want a new addition to our family.  Every day one or the other asks when will we be getting a new baby.  It's so hard to have no answer for them.  It seems as if all their little friends lately have been getting new babies in their houses and my kids love holding and playing with these babies.  They are so cute with them-- is it possible for kids to be baby hungry???  They will be incredible big siblings!  I'm so excited for the day we can become a family of five and watch the love grow even more in our family.  We've ready for the sleepless nights, the round-the-clock cuddling, and the amazing feeling that comes with having a newborn in the house.  As much as we love adoption the not knowing and not being able to plan is the only thing that is so hard...  Will it be next week, next month, next year or tomorrow?  We are ready!  We do know that it will happen when it's supposed to but sometimes it's just so hard.  We had to wait so long before we got Michael and as soon as he was placed in our arms we forgot how much we had hurt during the "waiting" process.  A lot like I'm guessing other mothers feel after enduring labor pains and then having the baby placed in their arms- you forget the pain.  With Kate, we were so lucky to only have to wait about 10 months- almost a normal pregnancy.  We are so ready to love, spoil, and add another sweet little spirit to our family!  But I guess for now we'll keep waiting and look forward to the day that we have another sweet baby placed in our arms and we can forget the "waiting pain" again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home